Follow the reluctant adventures in the life of a Welsh astrophysicist sent around the world for some reason, wherein I photograph potatoes and destroy galaxies in the name of science. And don't forget about my website, www.rhysy.net



Sunday 17 January 2016

Ask An Astronomer Anything At All About Astronomy (XV)

Just six questions this week, but they're rather interesting ones. Next week's task will be to re-arrange the categories. I'm thinking black holes and aliens deserve their own category. I also want to start keeping a list of questions I can't answer. Anywhere, here they are :


1) If there was a quasar in the Milky Way, could we see it without a telescope ?
No.

2) How can we stop microscopic black holes from evaporating ?
Oh, please don't.

3) If I just start firing relativistic weapons off into the Universe randomly, do I need to worry about upsetting people ?
No-one apart from psychiatrists.

4) Will my relativistic projectiles be slowed down by drag from the interstellar medium ?
No, but seriously lay off the planet-killers, OK ?

5) What's the deal with that star with the alien megastructures ?
It's cool.

6) Can you turn into a black hole just by going really fast ?
I don't know, but I'd like to. Anyone have an answer ?

1 comment:

  1. You Might find this Interesting,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R4Xzz9JM7k

    ReplyDelete

Due to a small but consistent influx of spam, comments will now be checked before publishing. Only egregious spam/illegal/racist crap will be disapproved, everything else will be published.